The masonic hall in McKillop Street in Porirua, Wellington is home to two ‘Blue’ Lodges – being Mana No. 352 and Windsor No. 377. A third, Lodge Parirua No. 423 has handed back their charter and closed. both the Brooklyn and Wellington Chapters of the ‘Royal Arch’ and an Order Of The Eastern Star lodge. The hall is now referred too as the ‘McKillop Street Masonic Centre’, however it’s still often called ‘Windana Hall’ by the brethren as it’s a combination of the names of the two owners – Lodge Mana and Lodge Windsor.
Since Lodge Mana was lawfully constituted in 1949, the meetings were being conducted in a small local hall in Paremata. The first mention of the possible purchase of a suitable site to build our own Lodge rooms was during a Standing Committee meeting held on the 14th March 1951.
Pictured left – W Bro Rev. Percy Wiltshire, Foundation Master 1949